2 cups firmly packed continental parsley leaves
½ cup Lucky Natural Golden Walnuts
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic
100g parmesan cheese, finely grated
⅓ – ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ – ½ tsp fine salt
¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
300g – 350g Spaghetti, cooked al dente
1. If you have not done so already, wash your parsley and remove the leaves from the stem. Discard stems, or place in the freezer to use in a homemade stock.
2. Add parsley, walnuts and lemon zest to food processor. Pulse until the herbs are well chopped- you want them to look finely chopped but not at all pureed.
3. Add garlic and parmesan and pulse about 8 times until well incorporated.
4. With the food processor running stream in lemon juice and olive oil. I use the full 1/2 cup olive oil for a more liquid pesto, however you can use less if you prefer a thicker dip-like consistency. As soon as the liquid has been added turn off the food processor.
5. Remove the lid and blade from the food processor. Add 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper and stir to combine. Taste, adding extra salt if you prefer. Transfer to a container and set aside.
6. Stir through cooked spaghetti, serving hot or cold.
Recipe by @panaceas_pantry.