Almond coconut base
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup Lucky Blanched Almonds
⅔ cup Lucky Toasted Cashews Pieces
6 large, juicy dates, pitted
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
Lime and Avocado Filling
Flesh from 2 avocados
1 tbsp lime zest
½ cup fresh lime juice
⅓ cup pure maple syrup
½ cup coconut cream (thick part only)
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
1. Lightly grease a medium or large tart tin (about 25cm) with a removable base. Set aside.
2. Make the base. Add the nuts, optional salt, and coconut to a high speed food processor and blend for approximately 1 minute or until the crumbs are around the size of couscous. With the processor running add dates (ENSURE they’re pitted) and stream in oil. Process well. Test the mix – it should easily hold together (add more dates if it doesn’t) but not be too sticky (add 1 Tbsp coconut flour if it is).
3. Press the base into your tart tin. This step does take time. Try to create an even layer, and use a glass or similar to smooth and press down the base. You can go ahead and make your filling now but it’s easier if you set the base in the fridge for 2+ hours and remove the base from the tin BEFORE you fill it.
4. Make the filling. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high for 2 mins or until very smooth. Use your tamper if necessary. Taste and add more lime zest or maple if desired. Pour into the base, smooth, and set in the fridge for 4+ hours.
5. To serve top with whipped cream (optional) and lime slices.
Recipe by @panaceas_pantry.